Most people will say I am crazy, but I do love Mondays! Not that I don’t like weekends, because of course party Saturdays and lazy Sundays are the best, but after these days I am always so happy to be productive again. To start a new week with new goals and challenges. And it’s totally up to you if you make something out of it. Last weekend, when I was wearing this outfit when my mom and grandma were in Amsterdam, a random man congratulated me as he thought it was my birthday because of my glittery dress. My answer was ‘everyday should be a party right?’, and I think it should. So instead of a Make-Up Monday, here are my 5 tips to survive the Monday!
1. SLEEP Make sure you get enough sleep on Sunday so you are rested on Monday. This doen’t mean you need to sleep all day, definitely no. Just try to go to bed two hours earlier than your normally do. Take some camomile tea, put a mask on your skin, read a book and if you feel restless, write down your thoughts. Believe me, you will feel so good after a long sleep!
2. TO DO LIST I already said that writing down your thoughts can be really helpful, as so is making a To-Do list. What do you need to do on Monday and the rest of the week? They can be simple things, but for me fishing every ‘Do’ makes me feel satisfied. When I finally catched up on my e-mails for example, which I usually hate to do haha.
3. SET GOALS Besides your To-Do list, you also have to set goals to stay motivated. What is it you want to work for this week? Which goals do you want to achieve and what will make you happy and satisfied? From reaching that amount of followers, to getting that new campaign or promotion on your work. Challenge yourself so it won’t get boring.
4. GET OUT Yesterday for example, I felt so restless and I didn’t had any inspiration. After laying in my bed all morning (yes, I had a really boring Easter), I just needed to go out. Dress up and get in the city for some energy. Feeling the sun on my skin, watching people from a terrace and go in some shops for some inspiration. After I did this I finally felt inspired again, so make sure you dress nicely and get out of your office.
5. TREAD Last but not least, be nice to yourself. You should challenge yourself but don’t be too hard. If something didn’t succeed by the end of the week, you should ask you why you think this happend? But also, don’t worry as you can try again next week. And if something did succeed, make sure to tread yourself! Go and get that massage or go out for dinner. Nothing that motivates more than a little self-tread!
I was wearing:
Boots: Stuart Weitzman
Nails: Sparitual Gold No. Sublime
Love the glitter on your outfit and the pop of red from the boots! Thanks for the great tips too!
Absolutely loved this post, such good points!
To do lists and getting out always help me on a day when I’m feeling unmotivated to do anything. You look adorable in this chic outfit and I’m in love with your boots!! 🙂
That is such a cute dress! Also love the red OTK boots xx
Love this look. Looking gorgeous x
I agree with you! When I did not work on Sunday it was beatiful to return to university on Monday and retun active! I was feeling more useful then in the weekend! But now I want my free Sunday back again because when you work on Sunday, to go to university on Monday and for all the week it’s terrible! 😉
Love this merry glittery look, you always look pretty in anything you wear.
Great advice! And I love your outfit!
Such a nice post dear! I love your outfit!
And about tread,i always do that! It is the best feeling in the world for me when i accomplish something and give myself a “reward” for accomplishing it 🙂
You look GORGEOUS, girlie! I love this entire outfit from head-to-toe; those boots are so vibrant, I love them! I also love the tips you’ve shared in making the best of Mondays and setting a positive tone for the rest of the week, which I believe is so important. Mondays can certainly be hard to tackle, especially if one is not happy with their job or where they work, so looking forward to it can be not so exciting. However, I don’t feel that the negative vibe that is surrounded by Mondays on social media make it any more easier, it can make it worse, so a post like this is definitely needed! I agree with getting some extra hours of sleep and planning the week ahead. Great tips, beautiful, thanks so much for sharing and have a wonderful week ahead!
Your dress is wonderful! I love it (no wonder why, it is a McQueen Piece ;)).
Great tips! Writing down my thoughts always helps me getting back on track. And I think I need to tread myself more^^
Love your outfit!! You look so lovely! 🙂
Vesna – Home Chic Club
Great tips! Thanks for sharing! Love the outfit xx
Floortje, you rock these red boots like no other! Gorgeous outfit. Also I wish I had your hair, it’s so long and blonde… I’m totally jealous!
Getting plenty of sleep is a great tip so to face Monday with fresh, bright eyes – it can be tempting to try and ‘put off the inevitable’ by staying up late otherwise haha! I love your Chanel handbag, you look beautiful.
Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice