It’s Sunday so no better way than spending it in your kitchen. I always love to cook and be around in my kitchen on free days. This is basically the only day you have the time to really make something nice. So, since fall is here and it really started to be colder, why not treat ourselves and bake a cake?!
I love to get my inspiration on how to cook on Pinterest and from cookbooks, but often they look so difficult. That is why I promise now that this is a really easy recipe, but looks like you bake a cake that just came out of a patisserie in Paris! I prepared everything with my newest Kenwood Kitchen Machine which I am so proud of. You can really do a hundred things with this baby, but of course baking is the most fun. Check the pictures below to see every step and end up with your beautiful and yummy fresh fig sour cream fall cake. Enjoy!
All you need:
200 gram butter
2 cups of sour cream
± 8 fresh figs
A hand full of sliced almonds
1. Mix 200 gram butter until a pasty substance.
2. Add the 4 eggs and cake mix all in one time. Mix it until is smooth and add a little cinnamon in between if you like.
3. Before you put your mix into the baking mold, make it ‘wet’ with some butter first. Now it’s ready for the oven!
* Depending on your cake mix, make sure you check the heath of the oven and the baking time first!
4. Put 2 cups of sour cream into the mixer to make it a little lighter. When you think it is ready you can stroke it on top of the cake.
5. Definitely the most fun part is decorating your cake with the fresh figs. Start in the middle and work your way our there.
6. For the finishing touch and making it a little sweeter, you put some honey over the figs and sour cream. On top you sprinkle some sliced almonds which you baked very shortly in advance. E voila! Here is your beautiful fresh fig cake!