What a week and especially what a weekend! Some of you may know that it was my 22nd birthday last Thursday (didn’t made a special post about it this year tho) which means it was time for a party! It was my first birthday in Amsterdam with some old but even more new friends. If there is one thing that I LOVE to do it is dressing up. So with Halloween around the corner + my birthday it was basically the same as 1 + 1 = 2. I needed to throw on the best Halloween-birthday party ever!
There was only one rule: you had to dress up. I told my friends hundred times that, if they didn’t throw on a costume, I won’t let them in. I have to say, they surprised me all so much. From skulls and scary doctor to mimes, jokers, cats and killer rappers. But how to throw on that Halloween party that you never want to leave? Here are my top 5 tips!
1. DRESS CODE Like I said, a dress code or theme can make or break a party. In this case it totally makes the party because everybody is having fun with their costumes. I totally fell in love with my bat costume by Leg Avenue. I was literally flying around with my wings all evening. Besides the costume your make-up can do everything as well. Fake eyelashes, blood and a lot of white greasepaint and black eyeliner.
2. DECORATION Besides the outfits that gives the theme, you of course need to decorate the whole place as well. Pumpkins everywhere and candles all over the place. Avoid real lightning cause this will destroy the cosiness of the party.
3. DRINKS AND BITES It’s Halloween so get those finger cookies, orange chips, guacamole (with a lot of garlic) and Dracula candy! For drinks, make sure you have enough to mix so your guest can choose between alcoholic (only if you’re 18+ ofc) and non-alcoholic drinks. Beer, wine and some soda, such as these different flavours from Charlie’s Natural Soda, will work the best!
4. MUSIC Music does everything so make sure you have a good playlist for the evening. I work with Spotify and for me this is the best place make different playlists and to do request songs.
5. BUY A DISPOSABLE CAMERA or get a polaroid camera. These are the best ways to capture these special moments you are having with people you love. The most fun thing about a disposable camera is that you have around 30 photos – for mostly €20 total – but which you can see once you develop them. So it’s always a surprise how crazy the photos will end up.
And did I already made you enthusiastic to celebrate Halloween as well?
Amazing post, seems you had a lot of fun and I’m really happy for you! 😉
Your outfit was amazing!!
This is such a cool post!
Thank you for sharing!
This looks like so much fun and I love your costume! I’m actually quite keen to throw a Halloween Party now!
Hope you had a great birthday too!
This looks like a lot of fun and your costume was fun too!
Ann-Marie | http://facetocurls.com
You guys really had so much fun! Enjoyed watching the photos and your costumes as well. Great post babe!
ohh my gosh… love every one… superb halloween post
Great tips, looks like a fun party! Gemma x